Exploring Prophetic Mysteries
With Daniel Speck 8.12.16 Home
Why Jesus will return in the year 2030
Based on a number of clues given in the Scriptures, we can expect Jesus Christ to return in 2030. Some Scriptures that point to this particular year:
1. Answering the last days mockers who will say, “Where is the promise of His coming?” the Apostle Peter stated, “...with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day.” II Peter 3:4,8.
2. Jesus stayed with the Samaritan woman, a prophetic type of the Church, for two days. “And after two days He went forth from there...” John 4:40.
3. Jesus remained two days after hearing Lazarus was sick before crossing the Jordan to raise him from the dead. “He then stayed two days longer in the place where He was.” John 11:6. Crossing the Jordan is a prophetic type of the Second Coming and Lazarus was a type of Israel.
4. The Prophet Hosea wrote of the Lord’s second coming: “I will go away and return
to My place until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face”...He will revive
us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day.” Hosea 5:15-
5. At the end of the second day of John 1, Jesus tells of His coming on the clouds.
“You will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on
the Son of Man. On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee." John 1:51-
6. The Good Samaritan, a prophetic type of Christ, gave the innkeeper two dinarii to care for the wounded man, promising to return and settle the account. Equaling two day’s wages, the two dinarii symbolizes the two thousand year “days” that would pass until the Lord returns.
7. If the Church age is prophesied to last 2,000 years, which most scholars calculate to have begun in 30 AD, then the return of Christ will be in 2030. See the chart: Dates for the birth and death/resurrection of Jesus.
8. Mankind has been given 7 “days,” or seven thousand years from Adam until the completion of human history on the Judgment Day. From Adam to Abraham was about 2,000 years, from Abraham to Christ was about 2,000 years, and the Messianic age when Christ rules on earth is a Sabbath “day” of 1,000 years. This leaves no more than 2,000 years for the Church age to be completed before the Second Coming, reinforcing the prophetic type of 2,000 year “days” as Hosea and John also predict.
The Week of Human History
Hosea prophesied the exact year of the Second Coming!
A careful reading of Hosea 5:15-
“I will go and return to my place until they (Israel) acknowledge their sin and seek My face”...”He will revive us after two days and raise us up on the third day.”
The revival of Israel describes the time when all Israel comes to faith in Christ and the raising up of Israel is that time when Jesus Christ will lead the Jewish nation into the promised land where He will raise them up as the Kingdom of Israel.
Since the Lord is going to accomplish both of these events in the same year when He returns, there is only one possible year when this prophecy can be fulfilled! That has to be the single year in which the second millennium after Christ’s ascension ends and the third millennium begins. 2030, which is two thousand years after Christ “returned to His place” in 30 AD; is also the beginning of the third millennium after He ascended and so is the only year in which both the revival and raising of Israel can possibly occur.
1,000 years means 1,000 years
The Messianic Age will last for 1,000 years, not 999 or 1,001 years: “And they came
to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not
come to life until the thousand years were completed...” Revelation 20:4-
The exact day of Christ’s Coming cannot be known
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.” Matthew 24:36.
Anyone who says they know the day of Christ’s return is a false teacher. However, it does not preclude knowing the year or even the season. The Lord was clear that shortly before He appears, believers would know that He was near.
“When you see these things happening recognize that He is near, right at the door.” Mark 13:29.
“You...are not in darkness that the day would overtake you like a thief”
However, because of prevailing deceptions, the world will be completely taken by surprise.
“For you yourselves know that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in
the night. While they are saying, “Peace and safety!’” then destruction will come
upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.
But you, brethren are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief.”
I Thessalonians 5:2-
But to believers the Lord said, “...when these things (of the Tribulation) begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” Luke 21:28.
For an expanded study of the 2030 return of Christ, order “2030 Second Coming” from Amazon
© Daniel Speck 8.12.16
Age of Gentiles
Adam to Abraham
Age of Israel
Abraham to Christ
Ascension to Rapture
1,000 yrs | 2,000 yrs
3,000 yrs | 4,000 yrs
1st Day | 2nd Day
5,000 yrs | 6,000 yrs